According to an IT industry survey
, the computer related jobs outlook is strongest in many large companies, where many CIOs have got the order to fill vacant IT positions. In contrast, tech leaders in smaller companies are being more cautious about hiring. They are concerned that the current economy is not strong enough to support increase in employment spending.
Anyway, most CIOs said in interviews that they are planning for 2011 assuming that the economy will improve early next year. If that's true, IT hiring and salary compensation will rise for more companies.
The average I.T. salaries for 2010 and 2009 and the year-to-year change data is as follows:
* Executives: $143,378, $142,914, 0.32%
* Middle managers: $79,924, $79,230, 0.88%
* Staff: $66,230, $65,965, 0.40%
* Overall average: $81,960, $81,475, 0.60%
* Executives: $125,079, $126,031, -0.76%
* Middle managers: $73,217, $72,444, 1.07%
* Staff: $61,047, $60,279, 1.27%
* Overall average: $74,430, $73,905, 0.71%