People are looking for nanny and pricing online. It is hard to find a really nice nanny, some nanny is terrible and not a nice person.
So I did some research and here is the info for market price for nannies in USA.
Monthly: $1300 to $1800
Daily: $60 to $85
Commute Fee: $40/week
How to find a good nanny?
1) Call up the agents and interview 4 to 5 nannies in person.
2) After making decision to hire, ask for a few references. The important point here is that you have to interview several nannies to compare and determine. If the nanny can not provide references, then absolutely don't hire her. Just don't be in a hurry to find a nanny, you will regret that later on. Even if the nanny could provide references, you need to ask several questions or ask more references, some references may be not true! You could ask the nanny questions first then called the reference person, if they could not tell the same story, something must be wrong.
3) Now you hired the nanny, be sure to copy her passport and visa, Someone made this mistake, so make sure you do it.
4) If you are hiring a nanny to take care of your baby, note the following:
If your baby cried more than one hour when the baby first sees the nanny, don't hire the nanny. Baby is smart than us.
5) Don't hire someone whose grandchildren is staying at home ( 0-5 years old), she will not treat your baby well because she would rather take car of her own grandchildren than you and she couldn't. She will envy your baby.
6) If the nanny first ask for the salary information, not good, she only cares about money. You could sense whether the nanny is nice by talking to her.
Now that you've got your ideal nanny, depending on the quality of your nanny, you might pay top price if she is good. Also it is expected that you took your nanny out for dinner from time to time, buying some gift for her during Christmas. If you do these, you don't need to pay tips.