Deals 学习投资美股 职业发展 厨房家居 育儿教育 健康减肥 其他 登录 ☰ Menu
美国育儿教育

3rd Grade Gifted Program At Spiritridge Elementary School

作者: JC, 更新日期: 2011-11-03
The Bellevue School District selected Dr. Joyce VanTassel-Baska from the College of William and Mary Center for Gifted Education as the reviewer and has conducted a major evaluation of the gifted program. From that, Dr. Joyce VanTassel-Baska and the Gifted Advisory Committee developed a series of recommendations.

For those of you who haven't heard about College of William and Mary, it is a very reputable public research university. It is the 2nd oldest university in the USA after Harvard University.

I don't know if the following is related or not, but I would think it is. For this year's 3rd grade gifted program (PRISM), one of the wishlist items is the best dictionary to use. The William and Mary Curriculum suggests using one of the following dictionaries:

--The American Heritage Dictionary of English Language
(4th edition) 5th edition available in Nov 1st, 2011

--Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11th edition)

--The American Heritage Dictionary for Learners of English

For math, 3rd grade gifted is using ThinkCentral.com Math Expressions for homework.

Comments (2)

1. JC 2011-10-15 21:56
By the way, I think I asked the math teacher if the kids in gifted program would get into computer programming, or at what grade they would start to learn a bit? Unfortunately, I was told it won't be until high school.

So, before high school, the best you could do for you kid is to just let him/her learn on the side, sigh.

Anyway, just heard a pretty good website for kids to learn computer programming. It is called Alice.org. The site has free educational software that teaches kids computer programming in a 3D environment.

Alice.org is a free site operated by Carnegie Mellon University.
2. JC 2011-11-03 21:51
As far as I heard, there are not a lot of concentrated gifted programs in the U.S. Most are like the enrichment programs where gifted students are mixed with regular students.

So the gifted program in Bellevue School District is definitely one of the best in the nation.
关于本站 | 剑知创业网 | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2024, All Rights Reserved.