Daily Deals   剑知快报   版面列表   登录
JiansNet Logo

Using EAD Card As Shareholder of a Company?

作者: Qingqing Miao 更新日期: 2013-03-20 22:45
Question from GCinProcess:

My green card is in final stage which was sponsored by company A and I have received EAD also.

My question is: is it ok if now I can become a 50% shareholder in the company and use my EAD to work and manage company or I have to wait until I received my green card.

Thanks for your help.


Whether or not you have work authorization, you can become a 50% shareholder of a company. Whether you want to use your EAD to work for another company is a more complicated issue. Your certainly can use your EAD to work but once you start working for anybody other than your H-1B employer, your H-1B status will probably be violated. This would mean that you will need to use your EAD to work for your current employer and you may not be able to extend your H-1B. Depending on when you are going to get your I-485 approval, whether or not you are in valid H-1B status may not matter as much. Nevertheless, it is almost always recommended that you remain in valid non-immigrant status until you have received your green card.

Answer provided by:
Qingqing Miao
Ellis, Li & McKinstry PLLC
想了解更多的美国生活工作成功窍门?请订阅: JC写的剑知美国生活快报。
Related Articles:
• Foreigner Starting A Business In USA
• Marriage Green Card And Starting A Business In USA
• Are Foreigners Starting A Business In USA Tax Exempt?
• Which Type of Work Visa For Restaurant Business?
• Is It Possible To Setup An LLC As A Foreigner
• Moving To U.S. and Starting A Sole Proprietorship
美国Business | 返回顶部 | 返回首页
About Us | Advertise with Us | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2007-2019, All Rights Reserved.