Daily Deals   剑知快报   版面列表   登录
JiansNet Logo

European Citizen with LLC In USA

作者: JC 更新日期: 2014-05-08 08:36
Question from Ken:

I am a European Citizen and our Company just opened up an LLC in USA.

The Company wants to make me President of the LLC in USA (As a start we have 2 US citzens working at the moment).

I will still be living in Europe, but visiting customers and our office 6-10 times per year (I have been 30+ times in USA the last 5 years). Besides being the President of the US LLC, I will still keep my current role as Export manager for the Company (we export Worldwide). I will receive 100% of my salary from our European office.

Do I need a visa to be able to be the "president" of the LLC?

And if I don't am I allowed to sign contracts on behalf of the US LLC, and can I have a business Card from the US LLC?


I believe that you don't need a visa for being the "president" of your LLC. Basically, a foreign national can own an interest in a U.S. LLC without being a resident or being a visa holder.

If you are actively working in the business, you do need a work visa. But I think the law is not clear on what means "actively working in the business".

As for signing contracts, my understanding is that it doesn't constitute "employment" in the USA. So I think signing contracts on behalf of the US LLC should be fine, plus you can have a business card from the US LLC.

I am not a lawyer and am just providing some suggestion here. Hope that helps.
想了解更多的美国生活工作成功窍门?请订阅: JC写的剑知美国生活快报。
Related Articles:
• Foreigner Starting A Business In USA
• Best Small Business Payroll Services In USA
• Business Checking Account Bonus List
• Answers On Home Office Deduction and Garage In Home Office Calculation
• Change B1/B2 Visa To H1B For Starting A Business
美国Business | 返回顶部 | 返回首页
About Us | Advertise with Us | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2007-2019, All Rights Reserved.