Below are the interview questions I got when I interviewed with Amazon. They ask very tough interview questions, so be prepared!
1. There are two urns A and B and an equal number of red balls and blue balls.How do u place the balls in the urns such that the probability of picking up the red ball is greater?
2. Two trains enter at the opposite sides of a tunnel of length L with speeds 'V'. A particle enters the tunnel at the same time with a speed 'v' and it vibrates in the tunnel (i.e. if it reaches the end of the tunnel then it comes back). What is the position of the particle by the time the 2 trains meet?
3. Write an sql query to sort a table according to the amounts in a row and find the second largest amount.
4. How do you kill a process?
5. What is the functionality of a top command?
6. Given an array of size n+1 which contains all the numbers from 1 to n.Find the number which is repeated in O(n) time.How do you proceed with the same with floating numbers from 0 to 1 instead of 1 to n?
7. Design a datastructure to represent the movement of a knight on a chess board
8. Write an algorithm to traverse a knight covering all the squares on a chessboard starting at a particular point.