Job fair is the most important chance you can find a job. In fact, without network, it is most convenient way for one to land the first job.
So, one had better be very very carefully to prepare for it.
no other words here.
2. pre-study of the companies
You had better get the list of the companies taking part in the job fair. Select the ones you are interested. Plan your visit sequence. (Some of them are very hot, so be early). Study the company background and the positions they are hiring.
3. Dress well.
I strongly suggest you dress in formal or business casual. No recruiter want to see a sleepy dog or a dirty pig. They want somebody with enthusiasm and energy and youth. They want somebody can walk/speak professionally. You must give them a very deep expression so that they can still remember you after 1 month. So, suit+shirt+tie for male. Not sure about female.
4. Bring a bag
Put some resumes for the companies. You may need more than 1 for each company. Put the gifts/name card of the companies back home using it. So you may need a big business bag.
5. Ask about the recruiter/hiring manager's name card or personal Email for later contact.
6. Talk nicely and talk first to introduce your background, your fit, your experience, your love of the company... Better prepare a lecture around 10 minutes.
Practice it before the job fair.
If you have the ability to talk with each recruiter for more than 10 minutes, I would say you have landed your first phone interview. (I even got on-site after talking with them.)
7. Be prepared of technical interviews on the job fair. (I have been asked to code on site.)
8. Always leave a resume to every related company, and remember to take their gift even though you do not like it. Some of the gifts are really fancy and good to show your friends. T-shirts are much better than others, Caps too.
In fact, the goodness of job seeking is collecting gifts, besides free domestic travel and free dinner.
Take the job fair as your first on-site interview and enjoy it.
9. You may be very tired after the job fair. Bring some water/chocolate with you. And a nice pair of shoes.