Deals 学习投资美股 职业发展 厨房家居 育儿教育 健康减肥 其他 登录 ☰ Menu
美国生活

Sample Driver License Test Bellevue Washington

作者: JC, 更新日期: 2011-03-31
Below is the transcript for the online driver license test video. It is good to prepare for taking the driver test.

How To Do Pre-test
While the driver test measures your skills behind the wheel, it's important to remember that the test actually begins before you start your engine. A pre-test must be successfully completed before the driver can enter the open
road. If the car isn't in the proper working order or the driver fails to have proper paperwork, the test is over. Here's what a pre-test looks like.

"Hi there! I'm examiner Glenn. I'm conducting your test today. How are you doing?"
"Fine. Thank you."
"Good. Can I see your appointment slip, your ID, and your insurance please."
"My appointment slip, my ID and my proof of insurance."
"Thank you. OK. I do see you do have valid insurance card for this car. Go ahead and put those away now."
"Thank you."
"Is the engine shut off?"
"It is."
"Very good. How about your parking brake? Could you release it and reset it please?"
"OK. The next thing I'd like to you to do is demonstrate your hand signals please. First, I'd like you to demonstrate slowing or stopping. Second, right turn. And, left turn. Thank you. Next, I'd like you to demonstrate your ability to stop the vehicle."
"OK."
"Place your foot over the gas pedal. Don't press it, but when I say stop, place it on brake as fast as you can. Stop! Very Good. Next, I'd like you to start the vehicle."
"OK."
"Now, keep your foot on the brake pedal. Push the brake. Keep your foot on the brake. I've seen the left one is good. The right one is good. And the center one is good. Next we're going to check your electric turn signals. First left. Thank you. And right. And the tabs are good. Hey right turn signal. Left turn signal. Good we're ready to go."

Having arrived with the correct documents and understanding of hand signals, car in proper working order, this driver has successfully completed the pre-driving test, and moves on to the open road, for the next phase of her driver test.

How To Do Backing Maneuver
In this video, we're going to demonstrate the backing maneuver. "Back your vehicle around the corner. Stay as close to the curb as you can. Then, safely continue backing in a straight line until I direct you to stop."

The test measures skills needed for backing out of a drive way or ally. It requires proper vision techniques. Primarily looking out the back window when backing. You want to look when you're driving not just in the mirrors or to the front. Remember to stop before the cross-walk area. Making sure that there aren't any pedestrians and other traffic in that zone. Once you know the area is clear, continue backing. Throughout the backing maneuver, stay within 18 inches of the curb. That'll help you stay out of the way of other traffic. Being aware of what's going on around you in all directions is extremely important. Just like a quarterback with great field vision, you want be aware of everything that's going on all around you. The difference is, of course, that driving is not a game. A single mistake made behind the wheel can be deadly. It really can't be stressed enough, when you are moving backwards, you want to be looking backwards too, making sure that nothing and no one is in your way. Once you come to a stop, you can prepare to re-enter the road way. Check you side-view mirror and turn to look behind you so that you can see if there is any ongoing traffic approaching from behind. Once the way is clear, you can safely pull forward and onto the street.

Make the point to follow the proper steps of doing a backing maneuver and they'll become heaven forming. That'll make you a better driver, and will help keep you and those around you safe.

How To Do Parallel Parking
When driving, it's crucial to always be aware of what is going on around you in every direction. That's certainly true when parallel parking.

"Do you see the brown car parked up ahead?"
"Yes."
"Imaging another vehicle parked one and half car length behind it. Parallel park between the two vehicles."

The driver pulls alongside the SUV she'll park behind it. Then executes 3 moves as she backs up. She begins by turning the steering wheel to the right, then back to the left, to straighten up the car and pull evenly along the curb. Next she pulls forward and parks. It only takes her 3 moves to park, limiting the potential impact on other drivers. Here the driver has pulled along the SUV once again. But before backing the car, she sees a car approaching from behind. She waits for it to pass, then begins to parallel park. Notice that she's not just looking at her mirrors, she's turn, looking directly into her direction of travel. To be park legally, she needs to have both right tires park within 12 inches of the curb. Parking further from the curb presents a traffic hazard. But be careful not to run your tire up into the curb either, that can damage them. Once you safely park, the driver test continues.
"Re-enter traffic."
After all you'll need to safely drive away from that park spot. Notice that driver looks out of her window before re-entering. Then as she begins to re-enter, she looks a second time, making sure there is traffic coming up from behind. She successfully completed the parallel parking test and back on the road with the next phase of her driver test.

How To Do Lane change and turning
On the road, every move a driver makes or doesn't make can significantly impact everyone in the area. A lane change or turn may seem simple. But when drivers aren't aware of what's going on all around their car, the result can be catastrophic.
"At the next corner, turn right."
Before turning, look twice and make sure the way is clear. Turn into the near lane being careful not to swing wide because that can impact other drivers.
"When safe to do so, move to the left lanes".
When changing lane, it is extremely important to check your mirrors and look directly into your blind spots.
"When safe to do so, move to the right lanes".
You want to make distinct head checks, not just casual glances. This way, you know the path is clear before you begin to change the lanes. After all the last thing you want to do is to move into the path of an expected car, band, bus or semi. Bottom line whether you're turning, changing lane, starting or stopping your car, you need to be aware of everything that's around you. You might think of these areas as zones, that areas in front, behind, and on both sides of you. Be aware of what's happening in these zones at all times and you'll be a better driver.

Learn more about driving test tips at Driving Test
关于本站 | 剑知创业网 | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2024, All Rights Reserved.