Daily Deals   剑知简报   版面列表   登录
JiansNet Logo

Starting an LLC with EAD card?

作者: JC
Question from Mel,

I am in the U.S. on an F1 Visa and recently graduated from college. I have submitted the documents required to apply for my OPT. I know I can not work until I have received the EAD from USCIS.

I have created some designs I want to have printed on t-shirts and decals which I would like to sell on the internet to U.S. customers (so I don't have to deal with shipping outside the U.S.).

Under what circumstances would I be allowed to sell t-shirts online? Would I have to set up a company first? If yes, what kind, sole proprietorship or an LLC?

If I am not allowed to sell t-shirts online before I receive my EAD, could I do so once I received my EAD and found a full time job?

Does your answer to any of the above change if I set up a non-profit to sell the t-shirts and donate a portion of the sales to a charity? Thank you in advance for your advice.


You can do the preparation work and once you got your EAD card, then you can sell t-shirts online. You don't need to setup a company, as a company is just a form of legal protection. You can run your business as a sole proprietorship.

I read somewhere that "A person is allowed to work with any employer, including starting his/her own company, while on EAD". So I think you are fine.

Non-profit is just a form of business entity, that should change anything said above.

The above answer is for information only and does not constitute legal advice.
本文最后更新日期: 2014-07-07 22:53
想学习美国business和marketing? 欢迎订阅: 剑知简报
Related Articles:
• Foreigner Starting A Business In USA
• Best Small Business Payroll Services In USA
• Business Checking Account Bonus List
• Answers On Home Office Deduction and Garage In Home Office Calculation
• Change B1/B2 Visa To H1B For Starting A Business
美国生活 | 返回顶部 | 返回首页
About Us | Advertise with Us | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2007-2019, All Rights Reserved.