Deals 学习投资美股 职业发展 厨房家居 育儿教育 健康减肥 其他 登录 ☰ Menu
美国生活

Investment By Buying Section 8 Properties In New York Legal?

作者: Qingqing Miao, 更新日期: 2013-03-20
Question from Vladimir,

A Hong Kong based company offered me an investment opportunity in the US by buying a SECTION 8 properties with tenants. They recommended another company in Hong Kong to do the setup of the LLC in the US and they already have a pre-registered company in Delaware.

A property manager in the US will manage the property for a certain amount and the remaining of the rent will be sent to a Bank Account in Hong Kong which they will setup for me. Is it possible to buy a section 8 properties in the US? And is this procedure I mentioned legal in the US? They offered me 2 properties located in Niagara Falls New York for 110,000 USD excluding the setup cost for the LLC. Thanks for your answer.

Answer:

Given how specific your question is, you need to hire a New York attorney specializing in this particular area of law or a real estate investment adviser.

Section 8 housing authorizes the landlord to accept housing voucher. It is not clear yet whether a new landlord will have to reapply for the approval to operate Section 8 rental in the case of ownership change. This should be the first question you should clarify with the potential seller.

Answer provided by:
Qingqing Miao
Ellis, Li & McKinstry PLLC
关于本站 | 剑知创业网 | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2024, All Rights Reserved.