Deals 学习投资美股 职业发展 厨房家居 育儿教育 健康减肥 其他 登录 ☰ Menu
美国生活

西雅图好的装修师傅大全

作者: JC, 更新日期: 2013-04-30
以下是笔者听到的和用过的西雅图装修师傅列表. 仅供大家参考. 另外,本文将根据笔者发现的其他好的contractor不定期的更新。

特此声明的是,本页handyman的列表没有一定顺序,不代表他们服务的好坏, 请在雇佣handyman前自己认真做功课!

Please do your own homework and shop around before signing a contract with any handyman!!

Following are some good home remodeling contractors that are either used by our real estate agent or recommended by others.

Contractors, as far as we've seem, all have their pros and cons and you really need to be on them all the time to make sure they're doing a good job. So with that disclaimer, here are some of them.

Mr. Zhou
Phone: 206-617-2786
Comment: people strongly recommended this handyman. Zhou is a very good handyman. Could fix lot of house work but a bit more expensive, charging $250 to $300 a day. For example, he repairs interior issues and exterior covered deck.

Zeng Jia Fa
206-313-0919
Comment: painter and other interior work, i.e., mainly does interior paint and misc work, ask him what project he knows how to do first.

Lao Zhao
206-427-6256
Comment: good quality work and price is reasonable, but highly advise to get quote on each job instead of by days.

Ken Cheung 张国平 花艺园林服务公司
Phone: 206-930-1311
Comment: decent pricing and good work for landscaping, home improvement.

Aries
425-766-9971
Comment: used by one of my clients for his remodeling job, Good at the big stuff, but not good at details

Enrique (Cirilo Flores)
(206) 753-8446, cirilo662@hotmail.com
Comment: this is a Mexican guy. Someone recommended this person for interior and exterior paint work. High pressure water cleaning is included in the outdoor paint. It is said that the paint quality is good. It can last for 6-7 years.

Bao and her Partner
206-228-1938
Comment: this is not verified as a good painter yet. But it is said that she is really nice and responsible for desk painting or other work.

Serjio
425-652-5244
Comment: he is a Mexican by origin, did great and reliable work and very nice guy. The price he charges for home remodeling work may be a bit high but worth the peace of mind. He lives in east Renton area. The home improvement work he does mainly includes modifications (Kitchen, bathroom remodels, flooring). Also he does patio and fencing.

Qinhe Lei
206-240-5213
Comment: It is said this person is very experienced in home remodeling. But more evidence is needed.

Mr. Tang
206-351-2196
Comment: it is said that for painting exterior/interior of the house, Mr. Tang did decent job with best price.

Truc
425-502-2075
Comment: a Vietnamese home remodeling contractor that is quite knowledgeable. He is in Everett, so if you have a job in Bellevue, he may not be willing to do it as it is too far away from him.

Mr. Jiang, Mr. Chen
206-551-4716
Comment: if you have design and only need work to be done, he could be paid by the hour. It is cheaper this way compared to contracting out as a whole project. Also they do deck as well. They also have a website called Handyman Brother:
sites.google.com/site/handymanbrotherseattle/

Tom
425-728-8241
Comment: I heard he did the window replacement for some people and pricing is quite reasonable.

Mr. Li
206-898-9168
He is an Electrician and pretty good. I think maybe he could refer some good contractors for different type of work for your home.

Mr. Xu
206-403-3512
Bellevue area contractor, could handle plumbing, foundation, ceiling, etc.

Garcia's Services
206-423-8433
info@garciasservices.com
Comment: good landscaper recommended by people on the web.

John
Phone: 206-679-5744, john@johnbuilds.com
Comment: John recently repaired our siding and dry rots. Also, he walked through our house to identify quite some potential issues around the house and fixed them. For example, he found traces of rats in our crawl space, and insulated the crawl space pretty good and setup the traps. John has a lot of years of experience in home related repair and general contracting. We are impressed by the quality of his work and his attention to detail.

Mickey at Four Seasons Construction
206-651-6545
1701 Monterey Ct. NE Renton, WA 98056
He is a contractor that has been used by some Chinese folks, could be good as a resource too for outside repair/home remodeling.

SeattleHandymanService.com
This is an interesting Seattle/Bellevue King county handyman website to checkout. Could be a good reference for home improvement/remodel work.

Quick Tips for Finding the Best Contractor
1. Only hire licensed, bonded and insured contractors. Check labor and industries websites to check the status of a contractor's license, bond and insurance. You can also check to see if they are violators of the Contractor Registration, Electrical, Plumber's, Manufactured Home Installer or Factory Assembled Structures laws, rules or regulations.

2. Depending on the amount of work you need done, you should get at least three estimates.

3. Ask for and check references from previous customers, partnering companies etc

4. Don't always hire the lowest bidding contractor, let experience and any other info you've gathered about them factor into your decision as well. Often times in this business, you get what you paid for. Sometimes it's worth it to pay a little extra for the piece of mind knowing it's going to get done right and done in a reasonable amount of time minus any unnecessary headaches.

5. List all the expected works and project timeline on paper. Make sure both of you sign it before starting the project.

Lastly, make sure to use the Washington Labor & Industries (L&I) page to look up a contractor, to verify if the contractor has a current biz license etc.

Comments (19)

1. JC 2011-09-09 11:56
For replacing your gutter, here is what I learned:

LeafGuard.com
As a member of Costco, you get 10% discount but would cost you around $5,000. The nice part is that you don't need to take care of cleaning the gutter anymore.

Good News Gutters NW
27013 Pacific Hwy S PMB 411, Seattle, WA 98198, (253) 202-7488
People say their pricing is very reasonable and their quality is good.
2. JC 2011-09-13 12:45
For anyone interested in landscaping company services, here is one that's recommended by people on the web:
JH Landscaping and Irrigation
22915 NE 200th St, (at N 228th Ave), Woodinville, WA 98077, (425) 931-3571

They are a family business that's run by the father and son. The father owns the business and the son is the manager. They've recently done a good project on water irrigation system installation, grass landscaping, etc for someone that got good reviews. Price is reasonable and work is professional.
3. JC 2011-11-23 22:40
Out of curiosity for how much it costs for Seattle handyman license, I looked up on the web and found on Washington State Department of Labor & Industries has a page about registering as a contractor, it currently costs $113.40 for new or renew registration, the license is good for 2 years.
4. JC 2012-03-27 15:55
Recently I received a promotional flyer from CollegeWorks.com. The flyer mentioned they are one of the largest residential painting contractors in the USA.

In the past, I heard some friends use college students to do painting, not sure it is this company though. But I think they could be a good resource for house painting.
5. JC 2012-05-03 22:17
The following contractors are recommended by a friend. They both are bond, insured companies.

1. www.domyfloor.com
Carpet & Hardwood Floor Installation
Sasha charges $2.2/sf for pre-finished engineered hardwood installation. He helps in picking up items from HomeDepot/Lowes and moving furniture for free during the installation. (Most companies charge fees for this. e.g. HomeDepot charges $75 for home delivery. $25 for moving one piece of furniture).

2. BuiltWell Construction
(206) 853-4005
John is good at structure and construction work such as space design, and customized home construction. As his hourly rate is higher than the average, make sure you hire him for difficult tasks only and not for easy work such as painting or carpet installation.
6. JC 2012-06-25 20:47
Couple of days ago I got another promotional flyer from CollegeProPainters.com. Could be worthwhile to ask for a quote, if you have a need for painting the house.
7. JC 2012-07-11 11:12
For anyone looking to replace the siding of the house, here is a site I found Washington Energy Services. It looks to me that they are creditable, and they also have other kinds of services too. So worthwhile to consider too.
8. JC 2012-07-21 15:56
Summer time here in Seattle is very precious, as the dry weather is perfect to get some house repair work done. So, I've been looking into finding some good contractors/handyman.

Other than referral, there are mainly two websites that people could find good contractors from. One is AngiesList.com, the other one is ServiceMagic.com. Here is my comparison of the two websites, based on my research.

AngiesList.com charges consumers a fee (subscription) to find the good contractors on their website. The contractors listed there don't pay AngiesList.com. Instead, they are included onto the site either because they are good quality, or they got invitation from AngiesList to be listed there.

Meanwhile, ServiceMagic.com is free for consumers, but they charge contractors for bringing them customers.

To find contractors on AngiesList.com, you have to be a member, I think around $5/month. Here is the AngiesList Membership Fees page. It is quite cheap, if you are serious about a big project, paying this fee is not a big deal.

By charging a fee for consumers and be free for contractors, AngiesList maintains a high quality database of local contractors.

On the contrary, ServiceMagic gets their money from contractors. So whenever you tried to contact a contractor on their website, ServiceMagic behaves as the middleman and sells your information to couple of contractors, I think each would pay ServiceMagic $10 to $15 for getting a customer.

So, there is every incentive for ServiceMagic to try to sell more customers to contractors, whether the customer is a valid customer or just asking for an evaluation of the project.

In fact, I heard a lot of complaints from contractors that ServiceMagic didn't really provide them with qualified customers. Some contractors end up paying for just quite some inquires but never got any real project.

Overall, my conclusion after comparing AngiesList.com and ServiceMagic.com is that, AngiesList might be a better site to get information on good contractors. Yes, paying for membership fee sucks for one-time projects, but, it is cheap. Also, just the fact AngiesList maintains a good database is something worthwhile to check out.

By the way, recently I was looking for some handyman or company to repair the siding of our house. I called up a contractor with a good rating on ServiceMagic. Interestingly, the call got picked up by ServiceMagic personnel. They asked me a bunch of questions, then redirected me to the contractor's real phone number. I was only able to leave a voicemail with the contractor, and they never got back to me. So that's a bad experience. I would assume that ServiceMagic got paid in this case since they delivered a valid inquiry to that contractor.

Being said that, I did have friends who used ServiceMagic to select from couple of contractors to do their house related repair work. The results are not bad.

The bottomline is, if I am looking for a good contractor for repairing my house, I would start with referral from friends first. Failing that, I would check out both AngiesList and ServiceMagic.

I wonder if Yelp could be good resource to find a good contractor too? Might come back with a new report on that later...
9. JC 2012-08-11 01:13
For a good lawn moving company, someone recommended Peak Season LLC.

So it is worthwhile to record here for future classification.
10. JC 2012-10-15 22:34
有人推荐过这个越南人gardener做yard work的:
Kim Pan, 206-722-8966
Could be good to look into.
11. JC 2012-10-21 00:50
To repair/clear clogged sink drains, people recommended this company, so I just list them here for future reference:
Button Plumbing, buttonplumbingco.com, (425)271-4289
They install, repair, and service any and all parts of the plumbing in your home or business.
12. JC 2012-11-17 21:59
If anyone is looking for a decent duct cleaning company, you may consider DuctVac NW. According to what I heard, their work wasn't excellent but good job though.
13. JC 2012-12-04 21:35
For installation of fence at your backyard, here are two service providers for people's reference.

Contour Fence Co
Woodinville, WA 98072, (425) 481-7128
Comment: recommended by people on the web (especially recommended on Angie's List)

Western Pacific Fence
www.westernpacificfence.com, phone: 425-432-9747
Comment: this is a company I've read online somewhere that people got a quote from, and it seemed their service is fine.
14. JC 2012-12-20 15:50
Bob Dang
Elegant Hardwood Floor
11020 se kent kangley rd, Seattle, WA 98030, 206-458-1898
www.buildzoom.com/contractor/elegant-hardwood-floor
Comment: a Vietnamese handyman. Very good craftmanship and fast. Pricing reasonable. High quality hardwood floor installation. People said he ranked number 7 in the Seattle area hardwood floor industry.
15. JC 2013-02-12 13:17
阿佳
Phone: 206-734-0312
这个装修师傅有自己的装修队. 有10几个人,除了院子,换窗户,屋顶,地板,加房间什么的,都可以做.
16. JC 2013-02-22 17:24
推荐个Licensed Electrician的电工如下:
Alex
425-344-2931
苏联人,有电工和煤气执照, 据说技术很好.
17. JC 2013-02-22 17:27
另外,西雅图地区的电工还有人用过 allsparkelectric.com, 质量应该还行,但不是很便宜.
18. JC 2013-04-07 09:43
Recently I received a flyer from CertaPro Painters (eastside.certapro.com), 16625 Redmond Way STE M #6, Redmond WA 98052, 1-800-462-3782, 425-822-7024.

They are painting homes in Bellevue, both interior and exterior projects.

Locally owned, they have completed more than 1,200 painting projects in Bellevue and on the Eastside of Seattle. So, could be a good candidate to consider for house or fence painting needs.
19. JC 2013-04-30 00:11
这个做Fence的师傅,网上有人推荐过:
Mike Maggitti, Owner, Security Gate and Access LLC
sgmike@gmail.com, 800-676-9362, 253-255-5810.

Mike
mikeberg645@comcast.net
Enviro Elements, Quality Landscapes
P.O. Box 66, Kirkland WA 98083
这个是我在Somerset山上路过的时候看到的一个白人师傅,他自己的公司做landscaping的.
关于本站 | 剑知创业网 | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2024, All Rights Reserved.